GET A QUOTE NOW
Thanks for your enquiry, we'll be in touch soon!
Faq - Machine Hire
Do I need an account to hire access platforms?
- No, although for repeat business customers you may want to discuss opening an account with us to help reduce paperwork and costs associated with one off 'spot hires'. Our trade accounts are free, quick and easy to setup.
Do you accept credit card payments?
- No, although we are now looking at implementing a new and innovative form of accepting online electronic payments in the very near future.
What types of payment do you accept?
- BACs Transfer, Cheque (cleared prior to hire) or good old fashioned cash payment.
Can I reserve machines?
- Machines cannot be reserved, although platforms can be ordered up to 90 days ahead of the hire date.
Do you provide transport, and is this included in the hire rate?
- Yes, we do provide transport at an additional charge, depending on the location for delivery of the machine
What does our Damage Waiver cover?
- Our Damage Waiver scheme is an indemnity scheme with varying levels of cover to offer account holders protection against charges in the case of incidents such as accidental damage, vandalism and theft.
Do I need a harness for all MEWPs (Mobile Elevated Work Platforms)?
- Although not a legal requirement both the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) and IPAF (the International Powered Access Federation) strongly recommends that a full body harness with an adjustable lanyard (adjusted as short as possible to provide work restraint) is used when working from a boom type MEWP or vehicle mounted boom.
Can I purchase harnesses from you?
- Yes, we offer harness and lanyard sets which come complete with individual serial numbers and product history cards. We also provide IPAF harness training.
What do I do when I no longer need the machine on hire?
- When you wish to terminate the hire of the machine, please call 01202 593411 to obtain your unique off hire reference number. Please retain your off hire number as this is evidence of termination of the hire. Arrangements can also be made for the collection of the machine at the same time.
What are the terms and conditions of access platform hire?
- At Urban Access Rentals, we operate by the hire terms set by the Construction Plant-hire Association (CPA). Read more on the CPA Terms and Conditions of Hire (B2B) here, Consumer conditions with operator here and Consumer conditions without operator here.
Faq - Machine Sales
Do you have access platforms for sale?
- Yes, we sell a host of used machines including scissor lifts, boom lifts and truck mounted platforms. With the buying power of Europe's largest powered access company, we also sell new machines at industry leading prices.
Can you organise overseas purchasing of machines?
- Yes, we can ship machines anywhere in the world.
Do you offer Thorough Examinations (LOLER 1998 -Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations)?
- Yes, we can offer a full maintenance and inspection package, tailored to your exact needs, for all of your powered access requirements.
Faq - Urban Access Rentals
Why hire access platform equipment?
- Providing a safe, convenient and cost-effective means of working at height, our powered access platforms / cherry pickers / MEWPS / scissor lifts and Spiderlifts deliver the ideal solution as the replacement for more traditional methods of access. With ever-changing Health and Safety regulations and an increasingly diverse fleet of machines to suit all needs, the use of powered access has grown dramatically to help reduce project length and lower costs in industries ranging from construction, engineering and maintenance, to telecommunications, cinematography and arboriculture and more.
Where are you based?
- Our machines are available from our Bournemouth Airport facility and we cover Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole, Wimborne and all surrounding areas throughout Dorset and into Cornwall, Devon, Hampshire, Somerset and Wiltshire.
Why hire an access platforms from Urban Access?
We specialise 100% in Cherry Picker Hire, Access Platform Hire, Spider Lift Hire Scissor Lift Hire for Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole and Wimborne Dorset and surrounding areas
As we specialise, we have successfully negotiated the very best deals with our suppliers and manufacturers - Meaning YOU get the best deal
We supply the very latest in CTE, Easylift, Falcon, Genie, Niftylift, Skyjack, TCA Lift, Teupen in addition to Spiderlift, Low Level Access Platform Systems and Genie Material Lift Systems
Our un-biased professional advice ensures that you obtain the most suitable access platform system and IPAF training package for your precise requirements
You can download detailed product specifications and brochures for every model we supply - All the information you need is in one place saving precious research time
Right from your initial enquiry, subsequent quotation, through to order and final delivery day, you deal with the very same experienced sales person 1st time, every time ensuring UNRIVALLED Customer Focus - Service Driven
We also supply New and quality Second Hand / Used Access Platforms, MEWPS, Cherry Pickers, Scissor Lifts, Material Lifts all fully serviced, tested and inspected with New LOLER certificates and full owner documentation packages and are always happy to consider part exchange machines
Faq - Safety Training
What kind of safety training do you provide?
- We offer a complete range of working at height training, including IPAF Operator, Demonstrator and Instructor courses. We also offer PASMA, IOSH, first aid, forklift driving and manual handling courses, plus a further range of complete workplace training.
Do you offer courses for only one person?
- Yes, this can be organised to take place on the date of pre-arranged course we are running. We are also able to cater for last minute training requirements.
Do I have to open an account to pay for training?
- No, BACs Transfer, Cheque (cleared prior to hire) or good old fashioned cash payment
Do I need training to use a MEWP (Mobile Elevated Work Platform)?
- It is your employer's legal obligation to ensure that the operator of the equipment is trained; this is stated in the follows Regulations:
HSWA - The Health and Safety at Work Act (1974)
MHSWR - The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations (1999)
LOLER - The Lift Operating & Lifting Equipment Regulations (1998)
PUWER - The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (1998)
WAHR - The Working at Height Regulations (2005)
Urban Access recommends the internationally recognised IPAF Training courses which cover several levels of training for the safe operation of MEWPs.
For further information regarding our safety training please call us on 01202 593411 or visit our training section on our website